Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grover S. Wormer to William Hoffman, May 15, 1862

Fort Mackinac, May 15, 1862.

Col. WILLIAM HOFFMAN, U. S. Army,
Commissary-General of Prisoners, Detroit.

DEAR SIR: I have been placed in command of this post with my company, Stanton Guards, for the purpose of guarding this post and state prisoners of war. I received per orders of Col. J. E. Smith, U. S. Army, Messrs. Barrow, Guild and Harding as prisoners of war. I would like some instructions in regard to the liberty, &c., that I am to extend to them. Col. C. A. Waite, U. S. Army, informs me that I am to receive my instructions from you.

Your obedient servant,

G. S. WORMER,
Captain, Commanding Stanton Guards.

SOURCE: Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies During the War of the Rebellion, Series II, Volume 3, p. 537

No comments: