Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Civil War Veterans On File

I have been researching my family tree for twenty years. Consequently have 17,355 persons in my genealogy database and still going strong. Among my many ancestors, I have 13 Mayflower Passengers and two American immigrants of royal descent. I can also claim Pocahontas as an ancestress, I can’t prove her to be, but at this point no one has been able to disprove my line either.

During my many years of genealogical research I have documented 46 Civil War Veterans (click HERE for the list). Many I have researched thoroughly, others I have not. There are a few notables, which are, of course, extremely distant relation to myself:

John C. Breckenridge – 4th cousin 5 times removed
Benjamin F. Butler – 3rd cousin 5 times removed
James Butler “Wild Bill” Hickok – 5th cousin 4 times removed
Ulysses S. Grant – 6th Cousin 5 times removed

It is doubtless that a careful culling of my files will yield many more veterans, as well as further genealogical and historical research.

No comments: