Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Private John W. Orendorff to William J. Orendorff, August 9, 1863

Memphis, Tennessee August 9th 1863
    Wm. J. Orendorff, Esqr
Canton Ills

Dear Brother,Yours of the 2d came to Hand yesterday[.] I was Truly Glad to hear from all at Home and that all was well and I am glad that I can say that My Health never was better than it is at the present[.] I begin to feel young agen and active[.] I was much pleased yesterday to meet with S. N. Rockhold and others and to hear broth H. H. [Henry]. I Should Like to have him here with Me[.] Sam says he talks of coming here if his health dose not get better soon[.] from the account that Sam gives of our Company, I never want to see it agen. It wil go to the pots before long

uce [?] for me to go Home. All things considered I have no inclination, Enough of this. I sent 5 Dollars in A Letter the other Day[.] I sent Twenty Dollars to father by Samuel Rockhold[.] William, I like this Place and think I shall Locate here[.] I wish you to visit my children and let me hear from them often[,] write often[.] yours with Respect[,]

J. W. Orendorff




SOURCE: This letter was listed for sale on Ebay.com on March 22, 2021

No comments: