Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Daniel Webster to Ezekiel Webster, October 4, 1821

Boston, October 4, 1821.

Dear Ezekiel, — I like your project of a course of proceeding for the trustees very much. I have no doubt something like that would be very judicious. I think it of great importance that you should come down here before you go to Hanover, if you can possibly. Judge Story and Mr. Mason will probably both be here on the l5th, and they both feel a strong wish that the Board should take a right course. If you can possibly come, I hope you will, in the stage-coach on Saturday, the 13th. I have no doubt, by putting all our heads together, we can do something. I would go up and see you if it were not almost impossible, and if it were not much more advantageous that you should be here, where you can confer with many others. Please let me hear, by the earliest mail, whether you can probably come.

Yours affectionately,
D. Webster.

SOURCE: Fletcher Webster, Editor, The Private Correspondence of Daniel Webster, Volume 1, p. 316-7

No comments: