HARE'S (1ST) BRIGADE,
McCLERNAND'S (1ST) DIVISION,
ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE.
11TH REGIMENT INFANTRY VOLUNTEERS,
COMMANDED BY LT. COL. WM. HALL, (WOUNDED)
This regiment, detached from its brigade, was placed in position here by order of General McClernand about 9.30 A. M., April 6, 1862. It was at once strongly attacked by the enemy, suffering here its most severe loss. It held this position until 11 a.m. when it retired to its second position 100 yards in front of its camp in Jones field.
It had present for duty 763. Its loss was, 1 officer and 33 men killed; 5 officers and 155 men wounded; 1 man missing: total, 195.
- Dedication Exercises at the 11th Iowa Regimental Monument
- The Iowa Monuments At Shiloh National Military Park
- Campsite of the 11th Iowa Infantry: Jones' Field, Shiloh National Military Park
- List of Killed and Wounded of the 11th Iowa, at the Battle of Pittsburg Landing, April 6th and 7th, 1862
- Official Report of Lieut. Col. William Hall
- Iowa Colonels and Regiments: William Hall