Saturday, February 15, 2014

Major Thomas J. Jackson to Mary Anna Morrison Jackson, February 18, 1861

Home, February 18th, 1861.

My precious little darling, your husband has returned from the Institute, had his dinner all alone, and feels sad enough this afternoon; but I trust that my little pet has had a pleasant day's travel, and that the kind providence of God has kept her from all accident and danger, and has spread out before her many enjoyments. I hope that you will be greatly prospered during all your absence. The day here has been very changeable, alternating between sunshine and snow. I hope the Richmond weather is better, for I have been thinking you might be too much exposed in shopping. However, I hope you have taken a carriage, if necessary, and have taken good care of my little one.

SOURCE: Mary Anna Jackson, Life and Letters of General Thomas J. Jackson (Stonewall Jackson), p. 137

No comments: