Thursday, June 5, 2014

Harriett Newby to Dangerfield Newby, April 11, 1859

Brentville, April 11th, 1859.
Dear Husband:

I mus now write you apology for not writing you before this, but I know you will excuse me when I tell you Mrs. Gennings has been very sick. She has a baby — a little girl; ben a grate sufferer; her breast raised, and she has had it lanced, and I have had to stay with her day and night; so you know I had no time to write, but she is now better, and one of her own servent is now sick. I am well; that is of the grates importance to you. I have no news to write you, only the children are all well. I want to see you very much, but are looking forward to the promest time of your coming. Oh, Dear Dangerfield, com this fall without fail, monny or no monney. I want to see you so much. That is one bright hope I have before me. Nothing more at present, but remain

Your affectionate wife,
Harriett Newby.
P. S. Write soon, if you please.

SOURCE: H. W. Flournoy, Editor, Calendar of Virginia State Papers and Other Manuscripts from January 1 1836 to April 15, 1869, Volume 11, p. 310

No comments: