Sunday, June 18, 2017

William Peel (alias William Box Peel Jones) to William Still

MR. STILL: — I take this opportunity of writing a few lines to you hoping that tha may find you in good health and femaly. i am well at present and doing well at present i am now in a store and getting sixteen dollars a month at the present. i feel very much o blige to you and your family for your kindnes to me while i was with you i have got along without any trub 1e a tal. i am now in albany City. give my lov to mrs and mr miller and tel them i am very much a blige to them for there kind ns. give my lov to my Brother nore Jones tel him i should like to here from him very much and he must write. tel him to give my love to all of my perticular frends and tel them i should like to see them very much. tel him that he must come to see me for i want to see him for sum thing very perticler. please ensure this letter as soon as posabul and excuse me for not writting sooner  as i dont write myself. no more at the present.

WILLIAM JONES.
derect to one hundred 125 lydus. stt


SOURCE: William Still, The Underground Railroad: A Record of Facts, Authentic Narratives, Letters &c., p. 47

No comments: