Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Senator James F. Wilson to C. Dunham, editor of the Burlington Weekly Hawk-Eye, March 12, 1862


HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Washington City, D. C., March 12, 1862

C. DUNHAM, Esq., Ed. Hawk-Eye.

Dear Sir,I shall in the course of the present session of Congress, have placed at my disposal a lot of Cotton and Tobacco seen for distribution.  I wish to furnish these to persons who will plant and cultivate them; and thank such persons throughout the First congressional District, to inform me at an early day, so that I may supply them.

Papers throughout the District will conter a favor by inserting, this in their favor by inserting this in their columns.

Very truly yours,
JAMES F. WILSON.

– Published in The Burlington Weekly Hawk-Eye, Burlington, Iowa, Saturday, March 22, 1862, p. 1

No comments: