Thursday, May 28, 2020

William H. Seward to Theodorus Marinus Roest van Limburg, June 9, 1862

DEPARTMENT OF STATE,            
Washington, June 9, 1862.
Mr. ROEST VAN LIMBURG, &c.:

SIR: I have the honor to acknowledge the receipt of your two notes of this date. In reply to the request in one of them for the proofs upon which Major-General Butler based his proceedings with reference to the coin lodged with the consul of the Netherlands at New Orleans, I have the honor to acquaint you that no time shall be lost in making them known to you when they shall have been received here.

I avail myself of this occasion, sir, to offer to you a renewed assurance of my very high consideration.

WILLIAM H. SEWARD.

SOURCE: The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Series III, Volume 2 (Serial No. 123), p. 139

No comments: