Monday, August 24, 2009

William M. Stone to the Adjutant General Of Iowa


Stone & Ayres,
Attorneys at Law and Collection Agents,
Knoxville, Marion County, Iowa

Knoxville, Iowa, Feb 25, 1879

Adjt. General of Iowa

Sir:

Will you be kind enough as to send me certified copy of my military history in [materiale] use in Washington city. What I especially desire is the dates of my commissions as captain, co. B 3D infantry, and as Major of said regiment and the date of my commission as Col. of the 22nd infantry, and the date of my mustering in as such and the date of my discharge or resignation at Vicksburg in August 1863 and any reference to my wound received on the 22nd day of May 1863 which may appear on your records. Be kind enough to comply herewith at your earliest convenience.

Very Truly Yours,

W. M. Stone

No comments: