Sunday, February 16, 2014

John Brown to Frederick Brown, October 26, 1833


RANDOLPH, PENN., Oct. 26, 1833.

DEAR BROTHER, — I arrived at home without any mishap on Saturday of the week I left you, and found all well. I had received newspapers from Thibodeauxville during my absence, similar to those sent to father, but no letters respecting the death of our brother. I believe I was to write father as soon as I returned, but I have nothing further to write, and you can show him this. I will immediately let him know what answer I get to the letter I shall send to the South by this mail, respecting our dear brother. I enclose fifteen dollars, and wish you to let me know that you receive it. Destroy my note, and accept my thanks. If you afford my colt plenty of good pasture, hay, and salt, it is all I wish, unless he should fall away badly or be sick. Your's bore his journey well. Please tell Milton Lusk that I wish to have him pay over the money I left with him to Julian, without delay.

Affectionately yours,
JOHN BROWN.

P. S. I want to be informed of any news respecting Salmon as soon as any of you get any.

SOURCE: Franklin B. Sanborn, The Life and Letters of John Brown, p. 26

No comments: