Tuesday, January 5, 2021

1st Lieutenant Adam J. Slemmer to Brigadier-General Braxton Bragg, March 13, 1861

FORT PICKENS, FLA., March 13, 1861. 

General BRAXTON BRAGG, Comdg. the forces, &c., near Pensacola, Fla.:

SIR: Your communication of this date reached this post during my absence. I have the honor to send you a copy of the agreement entered into between Colonel Chase, Senator Mallory, and the War and Navy Departments, with such other communications as may enable you to understand our relative positions. Please let me know as soon as convenient whether you will consider the agreement binding on your part or not. 

I am, sir, very respectfully, your obedient servant,
ADAM J. SLEMMER,    
First Lieutenant, First Artillery, Commanding.

SOURCE: The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Series I, Volume 1 (Serial No. 1), p. 362

No comments: