Monday, August 4, 2014

General John Bell Hood to Jefferson Davis, November 6, 1862

HEADQUARTERS,
Tuscumbia, November 6, 1864.
His Excellency President DAVIS,
Richmond:

General Wheeler reports from Blue Mountain that Sherman is moving one corps to Chattanooga and one corps to Tennessee and three to Marietta. I hope to march for Middle Tennessee by the 8th or 9th instant. Should he move two or three corps south from Atlanta I think it will be the best thing that could happen for our general good. General Beauregard agrees with me as to my plan of operations. Would like to be informed if any forces are sent from Grant or Sheridan to Nashville.

 J. B. HOOD,
General.

SOURCES: The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Series I, Volume 39, Part 3 (Serial No. 79), p. 891; John Bell Hood, Advance and Retreat, p. 272-3

No comments: